Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My new hobby (for you Shirley)








Girl walks into a beading store and the rest is...


My first necklace and earring combo.


 
I've been working with Swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls, glass beads and sterling silver. The hardest part is combining colors and beads. I can spend hours the bead store and come out with two maybe three projects.


I had originally made earrings with the purple crystals and then decided to make the matching necklace, of course.



This one is Sam's favorite cause it reminds him of Christmas. I'm not much of a holiday jewelry wearer, but I hear they sell like crazy. I think I might start making snowmen, santas, and christmas trees.

I've also been learning different stitches. This here is a simple ladder stitch. 

This is a twisted triple strand with pendant.



Simple wire wrapped earrings. I'm looking forward to more wire wrapping classes.
The top necklace is done with a spiral stitch. It's my second favorite stitch to work with. The bottom is an even count peyote stitch bracelet that I still need to embelish somehow.
Cluster drop earrings. I wear them as much as I can.


And this one is my latest creation. I absolutely love it! Anything is possible when you follow directions. It is a double sided bracelet made with charcoal color pearls and embellished with ruby swarovski crystals (top flowers) and black diamond swarovski crystals on the side. When turned over, all you see is the pearls and side crystals. I can't wait to make more in different colors.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

dang woman....those are beautiful! You paint, you photograph, you jewel....you and your husband are two peas in a pod - both good at everything!

Jenny said...

Wow!!! I can't wait to learn how to do all of those thing too! I love all your designs! P.S. I am honestly wearing the brown earring you made me as I type!! Love them.