Monday, July 14, 2008

Home early + sunny day = bike ride

Today we went out for a 10 mile bike ride. Notice the caution sign approximately at Sam's eye level. He had seen it and played with it. He knew that it was connected to a steel cable. So, I wonder how it was possible for him to run into it? Our son is accident prone. He ran towards it, head long straight into it. Clothesline. Before we knew it, he was laying on the ground crying. Fortunately he was fine, only a small goose egg on the back of his head. Are all 4 year olds like this? We tell him all the time to watch what he is doing, watch where he is going. I wish I could build a bubble around him. We would call him Bubble Sam. Parents can always dream.

Looking cool. Even after getting hurt.

A man and his bike.

Sam rode his bike for a little over 4 miles. He's a maniac. Here comes Sam.

There goes Sam.


2 kids in a trailer. We figured the combined weight is about 150 after adding Sam's 75lb solid steel Walmart bike. We took turns pulling.

This was a very steep hill.

Isa is wearing a very old dress. This was my dress when I was little. I never imagined that I would be putting this dress on my own little girl. Rueben told her she looked like Wednesday from the Addam's Family. All I know is that she is the most beautiful girl ever.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Cute family!! Goose eggs, old dresses and all. We love you guys

Andrew said...

David Cook and Tool on the family blog... freaking awesome!!!