Wednesday, August 20, 2008

superkids


Sam and Isa have been playing really well together. Sam cannot go without including her in everything, especially in making trouble. Isa is understanding more and following Sam's lead and at times being the mastermind. She is big into "I do it". Miss independent. Miss funny. Miss temper tantrum. She throws the biggest tantrums I have ever seen. Jumping up and down, clenching her fists, howling at the top of her lungs, and of course, throwing herself at anything soft (miss smart girl). It's comical and most the time we have to turn around and laugh. We have institituted the 1,2,3...timeout with her and it's been pretty effective. She sits in the time out chair for 30 seconds and even though she doesn't like it, she sure shapes up after. Ahh the terrible 2's. Good thing she's cute...
Here are a few of the funny things she does:
-Whenever she sees herself, either in a picture or in the mirror, she says "you! you! you!" That's because we always say, "that's you in the picture Isa".
-Whenever she's finished doing something she says "all done" in a growling voice like our friends twins.
-Her temper tantrums...for the time being.
-She chases Sam around yelling "I'm gonna get you!"
-She laughs everytime she farts.
-Everytime she plays with her Elmo dishes, she wants bananas to eat off them. (I used to do this when I was a child and I didn't even teach her)
-She will slowly, but surely rearrange random items throughout the house. It's been weeks since we last saw our remote control.
-She loves to color on the walls. (Not very funny at first)
-She'll smell our feet and say while scrunching her nose "ewwww stiiinky!"

3 comments:

Tina said...

Wait until she hits "3".....
The laughs keep coming, but she'll be the sweetest thing you can even imagine, and you'll never want her to grow up!
Worth noting: ear plugs work great during the tantrums:)
Big hugs to you all.

Michael said...

The more I learn as a parent, the more I realize there are terrible 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's and even 8's (almost). I think I just weaken more and more so I don't notice as much :) Love U guys...

Paige said...

All I can say is enjoy them now. With Emilie starting her senior yr this year makes me wish she was only 2 again. Your kids are so stinkin cute and we miss them!!
Love you guys