Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's Officially Here: MAYSTACHE!

My husband is an amazing guy. He's extremely intelligent, honest, forgiving and forthright without being offensive. He calls it like it is, good or bad, and he does it in a way that makes you think "this guy really cares about me" . He's gentle, caring, and loving. He is an exceptional husband and an even better father. I try to keep this on the DL (down low), because 1) I don't want every other girl out there chasing after him, 2) I don't want other married women to be jealous of me and 3) his ego doesn't need any more stroking. By no means is he perfect, but he is perfect for me. This year has been tough on all of us. There have been many changes. Thru it all, we have not lost sight of the end goal and the love that we have for each other. And that is what keeps us truckin'. So when he began this quest to grow out a mustache for the month of May, yes, I did kick and scream. But not too hard or too loud. I knew deep down that this was his way of decompressing and celebrating the end of his first year. As funny as he might look, he deserves it. And being the leader that he is, he got the rest of the guys in his class to participate in Maystache. Oh, and did I mention that he is extremely funny? Before

After

The result: It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. He was actually disappointed with my response. I should have kept playing along, but the truth is, I actually like it. It's different. It's amusing. It's cool. He looks like one of the Village People. All he needs are his leathers. He didn't like it when I told him this, he'd much rather look like Doc Holliday. I love the way he can't go by a mirror without looking at himself and laughing. Not many of us have that freedom. You all need to know how proud he is of himself.

After the mustache wax.

It's going to be a very looong month. :)

1 comments:

DeAnna said...

Yes! I was really hoping for some photos of MAYSTACHE! Thanks!