Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rainy day at the zoo

These are pictures of our trip to the zoo earlier this week. It was rainy and cool, but despite the weather, we made it thru the entire zoo. We ran from shelter to shelter. Our friends The Greenes met us there (thanks for letting us use your umbrella).This is right in the beginning of our trip before getting on the tram. We weren't completely soaked. That came later. I would like you to take a moment now to see that Rueben's mustache is gone. Yes, it is gone and hopefully for good. This is the giraffe exhibit. Sorry I didn't get any in the picture. Rueben is an exhibit all by himself. :) I'm melting!!! This is me being not happy about the weather. I should have known better and not blow dried my hair straight that morning. Oh well, live and learn...over and over and over...Who is that cool little boy?? We all wore sandals and we all had wet feet. Which I think is better than having wet socks. We got all the puddle jumping out of our system. For that day at least.

Cast iron Dumbo giving the boys a perfect spot for a photo shoot. Jackson is almost one year younger than Sam. They ran around like wild boys all day. There was a lot of "no running" "boys you are going to fall" "come back" "quit that" "stay close". We are such parents!

"Raindrops keep falling on my head"

Preparing for lift off.

We were in the middle of the jungle. This is how green the entire state is. Very beautiful! "look at daddy"
These yellow rain ponchos made it easy to keep track of the kids. Most of the time they were but yellow spurts of sunshine on a gloomy day. That is exactly what kids are.


This was right before the Oompa Loompa's came and rolled us away to the juicing area. I wonder what kind of juice we would produce? Better not to ask that question, I guess.

The Blancas family in rain ponchos and sandals. Always good times at the zoo. Hopefully next time will be nicer weather.





0 comments: