Monday, May 11, 2009

A couple of months ago we went and got some pictures taken. We hadn't taken a family picture since the arrival of Isabelle. So, it was about time. Life at our house is good. My hip is getting better and I am able to put a little weight on it. Hopefully I'll be able to ditch the crutches in the next week or two. I've gotten pretty fast and my arms are looking good. But I'm sure Rueben is eagerly waiting for the day that I can get up and get my own drink. Speaking of Rueben, he graduates with his degree on Thursday. Hooray!!! I am extremely proud of my babe and our accomplishments. Now he just has to complete 3 months of clinical and come August, he'll be completely done with the program. It's so exciting. The next phase of our life is just around the corner. The kids are doing great. Their school will be over this month and I'm looking at summer camps to keep them busy over the summer.


Our beautiful girl has started showing interest in going potty in the toilet. It's not consistent but it's a start. We made a big deal with singing, dancing, praising, and balloons. Now, because of that, she expects me to dance and clap every time she goes. I have perfected my one legged dance to appease her. It will be a glorious day when not a single diaper lives at our house.


Our handsome boy is doing an excellent job at reading. He'll occasionally write me letters and if he can't spell words correctly, he will write them out phonetically. He keeps us laughing most of the time. He graduated to a different belt color in his Tae Kwon Do classes. And he's very much into recycling. He's just an amazing, well rounded little big boy.


They do a very good job at playing together and keeping each other entertained. My favorite is when after we have put them down for bed, I'll hear Isa walk into Sam's room, get in his bed, snuggle up in her blanket, and listen to Sam read books to her. They are best buds and I hope that never changes.

3 comments:

Inked Eskimo said...

awww what an amazing post with such amazing pictures! It helps me to know your little ones even better til I finally meet them. Glad to hear things are going so well and you're feeling better- your arms *must* be fiiiit! See, it helped you to target that upper bod ;0) Massive congrats to Rueben too! love you x

Unknown said...

Picture perfect, as always! Where are you and Rueben though? Don't tell me you only had the kids snapped.

Levi and Jenny said...

Your kids are beautiful! I am also soo jealous that you guys are almost done, but you are right it really does go by so fast. I am excited to get together soon.
Jenny