Thursday, May 28, 2009

Preschool today, college tomorrow

Today Sam graduated from preschool. The students put on a little show, singing songs and dancing before getting called up to receive their certificate. My heart swells with pride at seeing my little boy growing up. Each day he becomes more independent and as much as I love seeing him do for himself, it pains me to know that at the same time he needs me less. But he always manages to turn my frown back into a smile by telling me that he loves me, or when I dress up, how beautiful I look. I see my reflection in his eyes and I like what I see. I hear others say what a wonderful being he is and I pat my back cause we've done a good job. As much as he has learned from us, we have learned from him. Both him and Isa are our source of strength, love, patience, joy, sometimes frustration, and much laughter. Everyday holds something new and with bittersweetness I look forward to the future, to seeing my son grow both physically and mentally. I will cherish every day.




Dancing the mexican dance. I used to think that my poor child inherited his fathers non dancing genes (sorry honey), but after seeing him today, he can shake it like no other.




For this song they danced the macarena dance while singing the months of the year. It was by far my favorite.







Shhh...the little bird is sleeping.


Our proud preschool graduate holding up his certificate. If you notice, they missed the S in BLANCAS. I must have mentioned it to someone in passing because as soon as we got home, Sam grabbed a black crayon and wrote it in.




His teachers are excellent at what they do. Loving, patient and firm, together they helped foster the love of learning in Sam.




Always together.





Precious little girl. In a blink of an eye, she'll be next in getting her preschool certificate.










We already have a list of things we want to do this summer. Time is going to fly fast. Kindergarten here we come!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute! Time really does fly by hu? Having kids really seems to emphasize that, but bring us so much joy! I can't believe he will be a kindergartner soon!

Inked Eskimo said...

wow! two graduations in one summer!! The Blancas men are smokin! I love reading your posts about life and family. You always manage to put a smile on my face. You're a super duper mom and wife and friend! *hugs*